Chartbeat is a real-time analytics service designed for real-time action used by everyone from The Wall Street Journal to Al Jazeera. We're democratizing data by putting it in the hands of people who need it to make decisions and take action - right now. Just before our 4th birthday we moved into our own sprawling office in Union Square, Manhattan. We are packing it full of incredible talent. Thanks to years of hard work and amazing funding by some of the top investors in the world (Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Index Ventures, and Betaworks) we're growing, and growing quickly.
We're an eclectic team of circumnavigating polar explorers, coffee connoisseur data scientists, pint-sized Kansan product queens, triathlon-fit hackers and freakishly strong designers. We have opinions. We're expected to share them - right and wrong. And that's how we build amazing things together every single day.
We're a startup, and we all have a stake in the business. So we work hard, and we trust you to work the hours it takes to give us the best of you. We don't track vacation because you can either make a decision on that with the good of the company in mind or you probably aren't right for us anyway.
You're a triple threat
Cool, calm, and collected. You never stress when you’re juggling multiple things at once because your number one skill is organizing chaos. As the center of the events universe here at Chartbeat, you’ll be the main point person for both domestic and international events that align with larger brand thought-leadership goals and help lead us to new business opportunities. The team will rely on you to coordinate all aspects of hosted and sponsored events like one-on-one meetings for the sales team, at-event representation, team/attendee prep, and event follow-up campaigns. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Spread the real-time revolution.
You know that building a solid events strategy means more than just being organized, though. You’ll also spend a lot of time working closely with the demand gen team on getting the most out of every experience, tapping your stellar writing and communications skills on content creation, social media handling, and post-event learnings -- your role will be crucial in supporting the entire marketing team. We’re a numbers place so you should have a desire and willingness to dig into the numbers.
- Work with the brand team to pitch different Chartbeat team members for specific keynotes and panel presentations
- Work with sales and demand-gen on corporate-marketing campaigns and general research to secure meetings with VIP prospects attending event, surrounding event, or in a general target region
- Partner with the demand gen creative team to create marketing collateral
- Create run of show for all parties traveling and attending events so team is constantly updated with who needs to be where, when people are speaking, and who their contacts are at the event, etc.
- Write killer guest and sponsored content that get prospects excited to learn more about Chartbeat
- Work with the demand generation team on trainings, follow up, and prospect lead capture process
- Stellar writing skills: you’ll be writing for an editorial and journalism crowd. No messing around.
- Strong project management skills: you’ll be working with every team in Chartbeat and you’ll be the one herding cats and delivering on deadline
- Strong communication skills: You’ll be on the phone and emailing nagging people a lot to get done what you need to get done all with a fantastic personality to fool people into thinking you’re not, actually, nagging them.
- Creative thinker: We don’t do anything in the box. When someone says “lanyard sponsorship” or “Blog post interview” you hear “bathroom guerilla marketing opportunity” and “interactive audience panel debate”
- Past experience pitching (warm and cold) the media and associations: You’ll be working with our brand team on getting the most out of every event, every trip, every partnership, so all the better if you have a history of relationship building
- Belief in numbers: The numbers don’t tell the whole story, but they do tell an important part of it. You should be committed to understanding how the investments and decisions we make performed.
- ++ Negotiation skills: We’re a small company with a small budget, but we have big ideas. It would be a huge bonus if you’re comfortable starting the negotiation process (don’t worry, we’ve got your back on the tough stuff)